Status of MKL packages in debian - porting to Gentoo

Aisha Tammy gentoo.science at aisha.cc
Sat Oct 24 14:49:06 BST 2020

Hello,

I am writing this email because I am currently working on cleaning up the intel

packages in gentoo and was asking for details on how the debian packages are made.

Specifically I was wondering on which binary sources are used for creating the packages

There seem to be multiple versions and splits of software from intel.

The gentoo mkl-rt package was originally made by Mo Zhou, who used continuum sources

as the binary base. I am not sure how continuum builds its packages.

genoo has another tree at gentoo science, which uses intel parallel studio as the binary

base and then builds sub packages from that, like the icc, ifc, mkl packages.

Now there are 3 diferent versions of parallel studio - composer, professional and cluster.

The details about the differences between them are not well documented and it is possible

that mixing them together is going to be a problem (I am not sure).

So it would be nice to know which ones are used in your packages, so that we may follow

suite to make things a bit uniform across platforms.

Thanks a lot,

Aisha