Comments regarding geant4-data_11.0.1+ds-1_amd64.changes

Stephan Lachnit stephanlachnit at debian.org
Sun Aug 7 17:37:43 BST 2022

Hi,

geant4-data was rejected before due to this part in the clause:

"However, if you publish or distribute your modifications without
contemporaneously requiring users to enter into a separate written license
agreement, then you are deemed to have granted all Members and all
Copyright Holders of the Geant4 Collaboration a license to your
modifications, including modifications protected by any patent owned by
you, under the conditions of this license."

While I personally disagreed with that assessment, I do not care if it is
non-free or not for now. I am currently looking into getting this license
reviewed by the OSI. If anything changes there, we can still move it to
main.

Thanks for the review,
Stephan