Adding CI pipelines to salsa repositories

Jochen Sprickerhof jspricke at debian.org
Fri May 13 23:25:36 BST 2022

Hi Julian,

* Julian Gilbey <julian at d-and-j.net> [2022-05-13 17:39]:
>I'm adding debian/salsa-ci.yml files

I would recommend to rather use a repository reference in the Salsa
configuration instead of adding the files everywhere, for example for
salsa-ci:

recipes/debian.yml at salsa-ci-team/pipeline

see:

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline#basic-use

That way the package benefits from updates to the config and the files
is not included in the package uploaded to the Debian archive (where it
has no use).

>to my projects which have
>autopkgtest suites in them,

Why only to those with autopkgtest? salsa-ci seems usable for most
packages.

>but I can't enable the pipeline for the
>packages I'm looking after (such as spyder, spyder-unittest and so on)
>as I don't seem to have the permissions required to do so.  Would it
>be possible to give me them, or to update the repositories
>appropriately?

I don't have rights to give you rights but checked spyder and
spyder-unittest and as there was no salsa-ci.yml I have configured them
with recipes/debian.yml at salsa-ci-team/pipeline, so CI should just work
now. Feel free to change if you want an other pipeline.

Cheers Jochen