How do you feel about gensim losing i386 and armhf?

Alexandre Detiste alexandre.detiste at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:53:10 BST 2026


Hi Gard,

> > Hi. I was just an accidental uploader of gensim

I was in the same situation; I'm fine with 32 bit removal for this package

Greetings

Alexandre

Le ven. 2 oct. 2026 à 18:29, Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org> a écrit :
>
> Its just a burden to ask for removals of the 32bit binaries manually.
>
>
> Am Fri, Oct 02, 2026 at 03:08:27PM +0200 schrieb Santiago Vila:
> > On Fri, Oct 02, 2026 at 02:24:33PM +0200, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> >
> > > I see that gensim depends on POT [1]. Due to #1149311 [2], I'm
> > > considering stopping building POT for armhf and i386. How would you as
> > > gensim maintainers and recent-ish uploaders feel about that?
> >
> > Hi. I was just an accidental uploader of gensim, and I don't have a
> > strong attachment to the package itself, but your rationale for
> > dropping support for 32 bits in a package where upstream already
> > declared not to be interested makes full sense to me.
> >
> > Thanks.



More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list