How do you feel about gensim losing i386 and armhf?

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Oct 2 17:29:16 BST 2026


I'm in big favour of Build-Depending more or less any scientific package from

   architecture-is-64-bit

Its just a burden to ask for removals of the 32bit binaries manually.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

Am Fri, Oct 02, 2026 at 03:08:27PM +0200 schrieb Santiago Vila:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2026 at 02:24:33PM +0200, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> 
> > I see that gensim depends on POT [1]. Due to #1149311 [2], I'm
> > considering stopping building POT for armhf and i386. How would you as
> > gensim maintainers and recent-ish uploaders feel about that?
> 
> Hi. I was just an accidental uploader of gensim, and I don't have a
> strong attachment to the package itself, but your rationale for
> dropping support for 32 bits in a package where upstream already
> declared not to be interested makes full sense to me.
> 
> Thanks.
> 

-- 
https://fam-tille.de



More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list