[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6 upload for RC bugfix and GAP 4.8.7 in unstable

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Fri Jul 28 13:53:40 UTC 2017

On 07/28/2017 02:38 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> On 28/07/17 17:28, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>> At the time of writing, the cysignals package is in the tube (unstable):
>>> the doctest issue was fixed, it was merely a packaging mistake.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>> Jerome
>> Hi,
>>
>> won't that break sagemath 7.6? At least it declares that it does. ;P
> Oops, I was no aware of that.
> Sorry for the mistake, Jerome

Nevermind. We should all get used to uploading stuff for the next Sage
version to experimental by default (unless we know unstable is ok).

Now we can either live with the fact that sagemath will be uninstallable
in unstable until we upload 8.0 or we need to check if sagemath 7.6
works with the newer cysignals and then remove the "Breaks" from
cysignals. I'd say let's first wait and see how our sage 8.0 package
progresses. cypari2 is still in NEW.

At least now we will see if the "Breaks" really prevents cysignals from
migrating to testing. (So please don't remove it unless we know that
sage 7.6 works with this cysignals version.)