[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6 upload for RC bugfix and GAP 4.8.7 in unstable

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Fri Jul 28 14:06:01 UTC 2017

On 28/07/17 17:53, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> On 07/28/2017 02:38 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> won't that break sagemath 7.6? At least it declares that it does. ;P
>> Oops, I was no aware of that.
>> Sorry for the mistake, Jerome
>
> Nevermind. We should all get used to uploading stuff for the next Sage
> version to experimental by default (unless we know unstable is ok).
>
> Now we can either live with the fact that sagemath will be uninstallable
> in unstable until we upload 8.0 or we need to check if sagemath 7.6
> works with the newer cysignals and then remove the "Breaks" from
> cysignals. I'd say let's first wait and see how our sage 8.0 package
> progresses. cypari2 is still in NEW.
>
> At least now we will see if the "Breaks" really prevents cysignals from
> migrating to testing. (So please don't remove it unless we know that
> sage 7.6 works with this cysignals version.)

Ok, I guess you meant that we let it as it.

Meanwhile, I tried to reproduce the fpylll issue on my box:
1] with cysignals 1.3.2+ds-1 (stable/testing), it could be built ;
2] with cysinagls 1.6.4+ds- and 1.6.5+ds-s, it cannot be built.

In short, the issue remains but we know now it unlikely caused by cysignals.

I may work on it later. Any hint is welcome, meanwhile.

Cheers,
Jerome