[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6 testing migration blocked by giac

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Jun 22 09:03:00 UTC 2017

Tobias Hansen:
> On 06/20/2017 03:44 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> [..]
>>
>> There's some more detailed info here which is where I got that from:
>>
>> https://www.debian.org/devel/testing
>>
>> It talks about "breaks" in the general sense and mentions when Depends: gets broken. I assumed this also includes explicit Breaks:, but it doesn't mention this specifically. Unfortunately number (4) and (5) reasons don't get displayed explicitly on the "migration excuses" page.
>
> Even if britney notices conflicts created by Breaks, this is not that
> well suited for what we want to do, because Breaks is only for relations
> between binary packages, not source packages. For some packages I think
> it's not even possible to create a conflict.
>
> Take for example a library, fplll.
> No binary package from sagemath depends on libfplll-dev, so it's not
> possible to create a conflict by adding "Breaks: sagemath (<< 8.0~)" to
> libfplll-dev.
> No binary package from sagemath 7.6 depends on libfplll3 (they depend on
> libfplll2), so it's not possible to create a conflict by adding "Breaks:
> sagemath (<< 8.0~)" to libfplll3.
>
> However, if this fplll package migrates to testing, it's no longer
> possible to build sagemath 7.6 in testing.

I think in this situation, britney would still prevent the migration because libfplll2 would no longer be available to be installed in testing, implicitly breaking sagemath 7.6. That would be the correct behaviour anyway.

BTW I've updated giac and it has built sucessfully in those missing architectures. The excuses page says it'll take 5 more days to migrate.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git