[Debian-science-sagemath] Uploading Sage 7.6 to unstable?

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Thu May 4 16:18:44 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

sage 8.0.beta4 was released and I think it's time to upload 7.6 to
unstable so that we can put updates for sage 8.0 into experimental.

I did a test build of sage 7.6 in experimental on Saturday and it still
built fine. Are there any comments/doubts regarding doing this before
the end of the freeze?
Otherwise I'll migrate the following packages from experimental to unstable:
eclib, pynac, singular, ecl, maxima-sage and sagemath

Once this is all done we can start uploading updated packages for Sage
8.0 to experimental.

Currently (8.0.beta4) there is one new package (cypari) and we should
update the packages
brial, conway_polynomials, cysignals, eclib, fpylll, fplll, ntl, pari,
pynac, sagenb_export

And there is also still the jupyter stuff to be updated.