[Debian-science-sagemath] Uploading Sage 7.6 to unstable?

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Thu May 4 18:39:06 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 07:22 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 04/05/2017 à 18:18, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>
>> Currently (8.0.beta4) there is one new package (cypari) and we should
>> update the packages
>> brial, conway_polynomials, cysignals, eclib, fpylll, fplll, ntl, pari,
>> pynac, sagenb_export
>
> I'm on conway_polynomials.
>
> For eclib, fplll and pynac, I think all of them have a soname bump --
> that's why I haven't updated them yet. I can do them if you think it's
> not a problem.
>
> Snark

Hi,

eclib and pynac are only used by sagemath so it's like any other package
that needs to be updated together with sage. We don't need to do a real
transition for them if we upload a new sagemath right afterwards. They
also don't need to go through NEW since they are already in
experimental. I think it's better if I just do source-only updates of
these packages (versions from experimental). It would be more
complicated to coordinate a lot of people migrating packages to unstable
at the same time.

When sage 7.6 is in unstable we can all upload our updates for sage 8.0
to experimental independently because that doesn't break anything then.

fplll doesn't need to be updated for sagemath 7.6, but it needs a
transition (it's used by fpylll, gap-float, sagemath, sollya).