[Debian-science-sagemath] Workflow for updating sagemath in unstable

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sun May 7 14:48:35 UTC 2017

On 05/07/2017 03:38 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 07/05/2017 à 16:06, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>
>> In the current case, pynac 0.7.6 needs an update to sagemath code (sage
>> trac #22838), so let's keep 0.7.5 for now ok? It also got a dependency
>> on singular, so let's add a dependency on singular 1:4.1.0-p3 and upload
>> pynac after singular. Julien do you want to do that or can I do it?
>
> I updated pynac's git to 0.7.6, but couldn't test it because of the
> singular dep, so didn't upload.
>
> When a good singular gets in unstable, I'll check my package. I can then
> upload it if it's ok.

The new singular is in unstable now, but could you upload pynac 0.7.5
(with dependency on singular 1:4.1.0-p3) to unstable? Otherwise I need
to backport another sagemath patch and do another test build. I wanted
to get this done today.

> Snark
>
> PS1: I uploaded eclib this afternoon... that was ok, wasn't it?

Thanks. That probably was ok since sage didn't change code for this
update, see
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22711

But it would still be better to do things like this in experimental
first and not on the day we want to upload sagemath to unstable.