[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.3 has been released

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sun Aug 12 21:02:15 BST 2018

Thanks a lot! I worked more on the 8.3 package and it's almost ready for an upload to experimental (all deps are satisfied in experimental). Right now there are about 75 failing doctests, 24 of them in repl/ipython_kernel/install.py.

I'm using Atlas instead of OpenBLAS on all architectures for now since the new OpenBLAS version 0.3.2 in Debian leads to problems [1].

I think my key in the keyring expired today (I don't know how to know when they sync it with the keyserver so maybe they already did) so probably I can't upload for a while. If someone else wants to fix doctests or do the upload to experimental, feel free to do so.

[1] https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26052