[Debian-science-sagemath] Package cryptominisat, an optional dependency of SageMath

Julian RĂ¼th julian.rueth at fsfe.org
Thu Aug 16 02:18:18 BST 2018

Hi Ximin,

thanks for having a look.

* Ximin Luo <infinity0 at debian.org> [2018-08-11 06:50:00 +0000]:
> Did you have a specific reason for choosing the library package naming
> scheme libcryptominisat5-5.6 and libcryptominisat5-5.6-dev? Common
> Debian convention would be to call the packages lib${NAME}${SOVERSION}
> and lib${NAME}-dev, so it would normally be libcryptominisat5.6 and
> libcryptominisat-dev.
Actually, I think the whole package should be called cryptominisat5.
That's the name of the project according to upstream [1]. Therefore, I
guess the library should be libcryptominisat5-5.6, right? About the dev
package, yes that's a mistake. It should be libcryptominisat5-dev then.

Or, since people commonly refer to cryptominisat5 as cryptominisat,
should we just use cryptominisat and libcryptominisat without the "5"?

julian

[1] https://github.com/msoos/cryptominisat/issues/468