[Debian-science-sagemath] cysignals 1.7.2

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Fri Aug 17 12:20:03 BST 2018

Hi,

Le 17/08/2018 à 12:05, Jerome BENOIT a écrit :
> On 16/08/18 07:13, Julian Rüth wrote:
>> Hello Jerome,
>>
>> * Jerome BENOIT <calculus at rezozer.net> [2018-08-11 10:59:51 +0400]:
>>> @julian.rueth at fsfe.org Since you seems concerned with the double target build,
>>> may you can have a look on the Debian side of this story.
>>
>> The problem seems to be that signals.pxd is created from signals.pxd.in
>> in the wrong directory.
>
> more precisley, it is asked to be created in the wrong directory.

No. As a built file, it is supposed to be there. Those places which
assume it is with the sources are wrong and should be fixed.

>> It is expected to live next to signals.pyx which
>> is in src/cysignals. But you are now calling configure from build/bare/
>> and so signals.pxd is generated in build/bare/src/cysignals.
>
> this is expected within the autotools world.
>

>> Why do you have to cd to build/bare before calling configure?
>
> because I build in build/bare/ and build/pari .
>
> Can we set up an environment variable here ?

See above : the places which try to find a built file within the source
tree are wrong.

The rationale is simple : if it is built, it's not a source file
anymore! And it might not be the same depending on the options passed to
the configure script...

This is called "out of tree" build. It means that with the *same*
*readonly* source tree, you can do, from two terminals:

term1$ mkdir build_opt # wherever you are!
term1$ cd build_opt
term1$ /path/to/sources/configure --opt-options
term1$ make

term2$ mkdir build_debug # idem
term2$ cd build_debug
term2$ /path/to/sources/configure --debug-options
term2$ make

and things should just work. If they don't, there's something to fix.

jpuydt on irc.debian.org