[Debian-science-sagemath] Upgrade Cython in Debian / sage 8.2 status

Julian Rüth julian.rueth at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 21 13:46:22 BST 2018

* Tobias Hansen <thansen at debian.org> [2018-06-21 14:02:14 +0200]:
> thanks for the help, it is really appreciated!
>
> Somehow we are not used to these pull requests yet. I didn't notice
> the one for sagemath until now. Usually I'm notified by mail about
> most things that are going on because I'm in the tracker group [1],
> but not about pull requests.
Ok. I was not aware that no notifications are sent out for MRs. I'll
ping here or on the bug tracker in the future then.

> What is stopping me from uploading sagemath 8.2 to unstable at the
> moment is mostly that flint-arb 2.12 is failing to build on half the
> release architectures [2] and that the number of failing tests is over
> 600 at the moment on most architectures [3].
I would like to help with these. Is there a good way to debug these
architectures? Or should I just try to install Debian in QEMU?

Some 200 tests seem to be failing because of the wrong networkx version
I think (2.* instead of 1.11.) Should I create an MR for this even
though I could not test it? Is there some sort of CI setup that I can
use for my merge requests or would I have to roll my own at the moment?

Thanks for your guidance with this!

julian