[Debian-science-sagemath] sagetex autopkgtest regression due to python-tk

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Fri Feb 1 16:45:24 GMT 2019

Hi all,

in the last update of sagemath I removed the dependency on python-tk. Now the sagetex autopkgtest failed because python-matplotlib only recommends python-tk and autopkgtests apparently don't install recommends. I guess the one at fault here are the autopkgtesters for not installing recommends, but I filed a bug against matplotlib2 asking to make it a dependency (https://bugs.debian.org/921108) which was closed as "works as intended".

Not sure what to do here. As long as it doesn't prevent sagemath 8.6-4 from entering testing...