[Debian-science-sagemath] sagetex autopkgtest regression due to python-tk

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Sat Feb 2 06:06:26 GMT 2019

tags 921120 ftbfs
thanks

On 01/02/2019 20:45, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the last update of sagemath I removed the dependency on python-tk. Now the sagetex autopkgtest failed because python-matplotlib only recommends python-tk and autopkgtests apparently don't install recommends. I guess the one at fault here are the autopkgtesters for not installing recommends, but I filed a bug against matplotlib2 asking to make it a dependency (https://bugs.debian.org/921108) which was closed as "works as intended".
>
> Not sure what to do here. As long as it doesn't prevent sagemath 8.6-4 from entering testing...

sagetex now fails to build from source.

I can add python-tk to the Depends field in d/control , but I think it must be corrected earlier in the Dependency chain:
sagemath seem the right place if matplotlib2 does not want to add it.

Please let me know if I have to add python-tk to the Depends field of the SageTeX Debian pacakge.

Cheers,
Jerome