[Debian-science-sagemath] Final touches

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Wed Feb 20 08:27:04 GMT 2019

Hello All,

On 20/02/2019 11:29, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Tobias Hansen:

>>> I think when installing all Recommends, the doctests should pass (as during build). So I'd put cython/sphinx in Recommends. I find Suggests a bit useless because it's not installed by default and I don't think that many people look at this to get ideas what else to install.
>>>

> But do end-users really expect "sage -t" to work at run-time?
>
>> I started changing some dependencies in git. Without cython or sagenb the doctests don't run at all, so I kept these in Depends. Still needs more work.
>>

> We don't need to fine-tune it too much - the big space saving here is singular-doc. If we can move that to Recommends: then people can avoid installing 240 MB. cython and sagenb themselves pull in way less, I am less fussed about that.

As concerns singular-doc, it is only suggested by the singular interfaces.
But if I remember well, SageMath needs the singular.hlp  data file, which is distributed by singular-doc .

hth,
Jerome

Jerome BENOIT | calculus+at-rezozer^dot*net
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=calculus@rezozer.net
AE28 AE15 710D FF1D 87E5  A762 3F92 19A6 7F36 C68B