[Debian-science-sagemath] Final touches

E. Madison Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:17:22 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:29 AM Ximin Luo <infinity0 at debian.org> wrote:

> Tobias Hansen:

> >> I think when installing all Recommends, the doctests should pass (as during build). So I'd put cython/sphinx in Recommends. I find Suggests a bit useless because it's not installed by default and I don't think that many people look at this to get ideas what else to install.
> >>

> But do end-users really expect "sage -t" to work at run-time?

It's nice if it *does* work, but mostly just for testing users' own
modules written to work with Sage.  As long as they can install some
additional recommended packages easily, I think it's fine.  Most users
of Sage just as a CAS (and not doing development) won't need `sage -t`
to work out-of-the-box.