[Debian-science-sagemath] [sage-devel] Upcoming Debian freeze

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Tue Jan 8 07:50:35 GMT 2019

On 08/01/2019 10:23, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> On 2019-01-08 03:24, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>     mkdir BUILD
>>     cd  BUILD
>>     ../configure
>>
>> does not work for cygsignals.
>
> Then I have a simple solution for you: don't do that! Just run ./configure
>
> The point is that you should think of cysignals being a Python project, not an autotools project.

I am agree.

 So you shouldn't do any fancy autotools stuff.

This is really not a fancy autotools stuff.

Here, it can be used to build different flavours of cygsygnals (basically with and without pari support)
in two different directories.

And the argument can be easily reverted: do not use autotools in the set up !

Cheers,
Jerome