[Debian-science-sagemath] [sage-devel] Upcoming Debian freeze

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Tue Jan 8 09:02:45 GMT 2019

On 2019-01-08 08:50, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> And the argument can be easily reverted: do not use autotools in the set up !

No. autoconf (that's the only part of autotools that I use) is perfectly
suited to solve the problems that I need to solve in cysignals. It
solves the problem of detecting various headers and functions. I
wouldn't know how to do that otherwise.

The main problem seems to be that merely having a "./configure" script
creates false expectations. I am actually wondering whether I should
rename "./configure" to something else just to avoid that confusion.

Jeroen.