[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.6 in unstable, please test it!

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Jan 16 13:31:52 GMT 2019

On 1/16/19 2:10 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On 16/01/2019 15:39, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded sage 8.6 to Debian unstable yesterday and the new dependencies are all on their way to migrate to buster soon. Sage itself failed to build on arch:all due to this weird error I haven't looked into yet:
>>
>> dh_strip_nondeterminism: debian/sagemath-doc-es/usr/share/doc/sagemath/html/es/a_tour_of_sage/_static/sageicon.png: debian/sagemath-doc-es/usr/share/doc/sagemath/html/es/a_tour_of_sage/_static/sageicon.png: does not appear to be a PNG at /usr/share/perl5/File/StripNondeterminism/handlers/png.pm line 83.
>>
>> I'm considering to also upload ecl 16.1.3 to unstable after some more testing.
> Have you give a try to Singular 1:4.1.1-p4 (in experimental) ?
>
> May we consider cysignals 1.9 ?

I would prefer to avoid updating packages beyond the versions of sage 8.6. Every package update bears a small risk for new problems. ecl is different because Sébastien Villemot has been asking me for over a year if we can update ecl to 16.1.3 and has been very patient.

Singular 1:4.1.1-p4 doesn't seem to be a completely trivial update, see
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/25993

We should focus on polishing what we have.