[Debian-science-sagemath] Buster todo list

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Jan 23 08:54:39 GMT 2019

On 1/23/19 9:46 AM, François Bissey wrote:

>> On 23/01/2019, at 21:32, Tobias Hansen <thansen at debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know why we depend on lapack. I think that dependency has been there a long time. Feel free to change it. Maybe we should revert the change from 8.3-1~exp1 and remove lapack?
> Let’s clear this. sage indeed doesn’t depend on lapack.
> But here lapack is brought to play because sage calls scipy which
> does depend on lapack. The particular doctest failure is because
> the call to scipy doesn’t fail in the expected way.
>
> François

The sagemath package also declares an explicit Build-Depends: liblapack-dev

We should go through the dependencies and see what else we can remove. Is there a list of direct dependencies of sage? The standard packages also contain indirect dependencies so it's a bit hard to keep track of this.

Best, Tobias