[Debian-science-sagemath] RFS for several Sage-related packages

Doug Torrance dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Sun May 31 17:11:56 BST 2020

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:13 AM Tobias Hansen <thansen at debian.org> wrote:
> I reviewed mpsolve, csdp, frobby and mathicgb and the packaging/changes look really good!

Thank you!

> Here are my comments:
>
> Don't you want to add yourself to copyright for debian/* in mpsolve and csdp?

Good point!  Done.

> There seems to be a problem with the mpsolve. When I tried the example from the man page:
>
> mpsolve -p "x^4-6x^9+6/7x + 5"
> ! MPSolve encountered an error: syntax error
>
> Entering a polynomial in xmpsolve results in the message "The parser reported the following error: There is a syntax error in the specified the polynomial"

Good catch!  It appears to be a mistake in the documentation, as using
"*" for multiplication makes it work just fine:
    mpsolve -p "x^4-6*x^9+6/7*x + 5"

I've applied a patch and also opened a pull request upstream.

> Frobby closes #921300 which was already closed by texlive-extra.

Indeed it has!  The original git commit that mentions the bug was made
in February 2019.  :)  I've removed it from d/changelog.

> For csdp the tarball in the pristine-tar branch has the wrong name Csdp-6.2.0.tgz.

Fixed.

> Otherwise things look really good and I'm ready to upload these four packages when you give your go.

Great, thanks!  I think I've addressed everything.

Also, have you had a chance to look at topcom?

Doug