[Debian-science-sagemath] [RFP]: primecount -- count the primes below an integer

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Jan 31 10:17:42 GMT 2022

On 1/28/22 10:32, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> I'm the main author of primecountpy, let me know if you have problems with it.
>
> We're able to build binary wheels for it, see
> https://pypi.org/project/primecountpy/
> (this is done using PyPI's cibuildwheel using GitHub Actions:
> https://github.com/dimpase/primecountpy/blob/master/.github/workflows/wheels.yml)
>
> Cheers
> Dima

Thank you. Jerome uploaded primecount (it's in new) and I already did a successful test build of primecountpy and sagemath 9.5.

Is there a reason why you didn't call the python module primecount? (Of course I understand why the project is called primecountpy.)
The "import primecountpy as primecount" in the readme suggests that's the module name you really wanted.

@Jerome: Thanks for packaging primecount. While building with sbuild I realized it is missing Build-Depends on primesieve or libprimesieve-dev or both (I checked only that it works with both).