[Debian-science-sagemath] pari

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Aug 10 07:59:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

it's the same version that Sage uses. Sage uses development snapshots of
pari 2.8 (odd minor versions like 2.5 or 2.7 are stable versions), while
currently only the stable version pari 2.7 is packaged in Debian.

Since it's an unstable version, the interface tends to change every time
and typically we need to use the exact same snapshot as Sage. For
example when I updated to Sage 7.3, the build failed until I updated Pari.