[Debian-science-sagemath] 7.3 testing

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Wed Aug 10 19:59:00 UTC 2016

Some tips on testing:

If you let the tests finish, sage will output a summary like this, at the bottom:

sage -t src/sage/rings/polynomial/multi_polynomial_sequence.py  # Killed due to segmentation fault
sage -t src/sage/crypto/mq/sr.py  # Killed due to segmentation fault
[..]
sage -t src/sage/structure/sage_object.pyx  # Killed due to abort
sage -t src/sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.pyx  # Killed due to segmentation fault
Total time for all tests: 3079.3 seconds
    cpu time: 8403.5 seconds
    cumulative wall time: 11819.3 seconds
17 # exit code

The contents between the two "---" lines is a full summary of the test, which repeats what was output before already. So, you can check the total number of test failures without having to go through the rest of the log. (BTW, this example is me running "ptest" not "ptestlong". The latter takes about 5600 seconds for me.)

You can also run each test individually, by running each line as a command with "./" prepended, like:

$ ./sage -t src/sage/rings/polynomial/multi_polynomial_sequence.py

Right now as of commit 9a574672, for ptestlong I am getting quite a lot of segfaults with a stack trace that mentions sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.pyx, so this might be worth looking at next. (Yes, I did uninstall polybori and only have the new brial installed.)

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git