[Debian-science-sagemath] 7.3 testing

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Wed Aug 10 22:00:00 UTC 2016

Ximin Luo:
> Right now as of commit 9a574672, for ptestlong I am getting quite a lot of segfaults with a stack trace that mentions sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.pyx, so this might be worth looking at next. (Yes, I did uninstall polybori and only have the new brial installed.)

This is ptestlong after a successful docbuild, with the pari local symlink workaround described in README.Debian.

https://people.debian.org/~infinity0/res/sagemath-7.3+git9a574672+localparipatches+rebuiltlinbox_ptestlong.txt (view in browser)
https://people.debian.org/~infinity0/res/sagemath-7.3+git9a574672+localparipatches+rebuiltlinbox_ptestlong.log (download)

319 tests failed, not counting tests skipped due to segfaults and aborts:

$ grep failed sage/logs/ptestlong.log.summary | grep -oP '# \d+' | cut -b3- | awk '{s+=$1} END {print s}'
316
$ grep -v failed sage/logs/ptestlong.log.summary
sage -t --long src/sage/rings/polynomial/multi_polynomial_sequence.py  # Killed due to segmentation fault
sage -t --long src/sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.pyx  # Timed out (with hangup after interrupt)
sage -t --long src/sage/structure/sage_object.pyx  # Killed due to abort
Total time for all tests: 5817.3 seconds
    cpu time: 16328.7 seconds
    cumulative wall time: 20911.6 seconds
$ grep "Failed example" sage/logs/ptestlong.log | wc -l
319

Some notes, from analysing the logs:

- all the segfaults are due to pbori.pyx/pbori.cpp. this is actually cysignals working properly
- other cysignals issues are due to path issues, we can either add a patch or just package+upload cysignals
- lots of "NameError: " which is quite concerning but also means they could probably all be fixed at once
- some sagenb errors, probably due to our older version (0.11.2 vs 0.13)

I'll take a break from this and resume in a few weeks.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git