[Debian-science-sagemath] Linbox optimisations

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Tue Oct 4 14:57:00 UTC 2016

Tobias Hansen:
> Hi,
>
> the Linbox 1.4.1 build now fails at the fflas-ffpack version check
> because I have version 2.2.2 installed. Did the flags maybe just come
> from the fflas-ffpack and/or givaro pkg-config files? I think they are
> cleaned up now so Linbox doesn't get the flags there anymore. I'll
> upload Linbox 1.4.2 to the repo and then you can see if it works for you.

OK, sure. pkg-config flags does seem a likely explanation for what happened. I will try it and see.

> BTW, there's a --enable-optimization flag in Linbox' debian/rules, I
> guess that should just enable the normal -O2 flag or similar?

I think if you run it like this, it will just warn this is not a real flag and continue. I guess probably it was copied from somewhere and the original maintainer forgot to delete it.

> Thanks, I didn't see the _wip_docbuild branch before. README.Debian in
> the master branch says the docbuild works after creating a symlink.

Yes, I didn't explore the docbuild issue fully enough yet to write something concrete about it. I will see if I can fix it up properly next time.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git