[Debian-science-sagemath] libgap 4.8.4

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Tue Oct 11 23:18:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

today I created a libgap 4.8.4 "release" for us (gladly there are
instructions in libgaps readme). With this we should be able to use the
gap package from unstable (a complete test run is not finished yet). I
pushed it to the libgap-sage packaging git:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/libgap-sage.git

Jerome, I used the orig tarball originating from 'make dist' and
realized only later that you used a version of the git source and do the
magic that usually happens during 'make dist' in debian/rules. I think
it makes for a simpler package if we use the make dist tarball, but you
are the maintainer, what do you prefer? If you want to do it as before,
you can create a new tarball based on the upstream-git branch and update
the master and upstream branches. Otherwise we can keep my packaging in
the debian-4.8.4 and upstream-4.8.4 branches, then I just need to clean
it up a bit.