[Debian-science-sagemath] libgap 4.8.4

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Wed Oct 12 01:48:58 UTC 2016

On 12/10/16 00:18, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I created a libgap 4.8.4 "release" for us (gladly there are
> instructions in libgaps readme). With this we should be able to use the
> gap package from unstable (a complete test run is not finished yet). I
> pushed it to the libgap-sage packaging git:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/libgap-sage.git
>
> Jerome, I used the orig tarball originating from 'make dist' and
> realized only later that you used a version of the git source and do the
> magic that usually happens during 'make dist' in debian/rules. I think
> it makes for a simpler package if we use the make dist tarball, but you
> are the maintainer, what do you prefer?

Actually I did prefer the original tarball: the package was reject for
copyright reasons: the issue is that the source files are modified but
not their copyright header. It is why I play with the git material
which contains only non-modified material.

 If you want to do it as before,

For copyright reason, yes.

> you can create a new tarball based on the upstream-git branch and update
> the master and upstream branches.

Yes I could, but I wanted to build my very first package on a stable commit.
Do you know the `right' commit for gap 4.8.4 ?

If so, I will upgrade the package and upload it in Sid (as DM).

 Otherwise we can keep my packaging in
> the debian-4.8.4 and upstream-4.8.4 branches, then I just need to clean
> it up a bit.

I will do it as soon I have the right commit.

Jerome