[Debian-science-sagemath] fpylll: dependency or dependencee of Sage ?

Jeroen Demeyer jdemeyer at cage.ugent.be
Mon Oct 17 12:05:21 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-17 13:04, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Jeroen Demeyer:
>> To be very precise:
>>
>> - fpylll has a *build-time* dependency on Sage-the-library
>>
>> - Sage-the-distribution has a *run-time* dependency on fpylll
>>

> This is nevertheless a circular dependency.

No, it is not. "Sage-the-library" (sagelib for short) is just one
component of "Sage-the-distribution" (Sage for short). If you are not
making a distinction between those two, you are doing something very
wrong. Within Sage, we want to make this distinction even more profound,
see https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21507