[Debian-science-sagemath] Jmol transition?

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Mon Oct 24 21:52:00 UTC 2016

OK, I've figured it out. You can build everything from scratch, like this:

1. Build and install java2script:

https://github.com/infinity0/java2script/blob/j2s-eclipse-3.8/Makefile

2. SVN clone the following:

# 14.6.4_2016.10.23
svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jmol/code/trunk/Jmol@21227
svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jspecview/svn/dev2/JSpecView@1735
svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jspecview/svn/dev2/JSpecViewLib@1735
svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jsmol/code/trunk@926 JSmol

(We'll need upstream's co-operation to automate this part for future releases; ATM I have to figure out the correct revisions myself.)

3. Then:

	cd JSpecViewLib && ant
	cd JSpecView && ant make-application-jar
	cd Jmol && ant
	cd JSmol && ant -f build_11_fromjmol.xml
	cd JSmol && ant -f build_12_fromjspecview.xml
	eclipse -nosplash -application net.sf.j2s.ui.cmdlineApi -cmd build -path $$PWD/JSmol
	cd JSmol && ant -f build_13_tojs.xml
	cd Jmol && ant all

To properly package this for Debian we'll have to also replace the bundled jars/zips/tar.gzs but this is a much more straightforward task and the existing packaging already does quite a lot of this.

We do have an ugly build-dependency on Eclipse (incredibly out-of-date in Debian), but that can't be helped.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git