[Debian-science-sagemath] 7.4 with the latest shiny new packages: 4000 failed tests

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sun Nov 6 16:09:38 UTC 2016

On 11/06/2016 12:57 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Tobias Hansen:
>> That totally fixed it! Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Now we are back to 75 failing tests.
>>
>> Next we need to figure out how to use the Debian unstable packages of
>> singular, gap, maxima and planarity.
>>

> Nice work on the linbox issue!
>
> I guess 75 is with the slightly older Singular? I'm getting ~1200 failed tests with 4.0.3-p4+ds-1 that was giving us trouble before. I can try to debug it over the next few days.
>
> I'm still talking with upstream Jmol/JSmol. I have some hope it will eventually be in Debian, but not sure if we will make the December 5 date. Jmol has a good chance, but JSmol is less likely. We shall see... be prepared to cut them out temporarily though.

Yes, it's with singular 4.0.3-p3. That tiny change of version number
hides quite a few changes. The easiest way to deal with this would be
reuploading 4.0.3-p3 as version 1:4.0.3-p3 and sticking with this
version for stretch.

Otherwise we might find something helpful in these sage tickets:
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21632

Yes, I think we might have to get along without jmol for stretch.

For maxima I am currently playing with the patches of
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18920
to update our package to version 5.38.1, but I still don't know how we
can use the Debian package.