[Debian-science-sagemath] TODO for sagemath and sagenb

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Fri Dec 2 11:54:00 UTC 2016

Tobias Hansen:
> Ximin, you wrote in todo-stretch.md that we'll have to bundle several
> things with sagenb. So should the package stay more or less as it is or
> do you think what you started in the _wip_repack branch will work? In
> any case, we'll need a debian/copyright file. What else needs to be done?

It should work in theory. I did a brief scan comparing the JS stuff that I've excluded. What's in Debian roughly matches the versions of the ones bundled with SageNB, and I looked at the source code to check the APIs look "roughly the same" but didn't test it directly yet.

What's left to do is see if I can also get rid of codemirror; the version difference here is very great. I won't spend too long on this though. Everything else can be bundled and yes we'll have to fill in d/copyright.

> [..]
>
>  * We have about 200 failing tests due to missing jmol and I think
> there's not much we can do about it. I tried some of the examples from
> failing tests in the notebook with canvas3d and they don't work. I don't
> even know if we can update jmol at this point, because it has several
> reverse dependencies. It will also be removed from testing on December
> 20, preventing that would require an upload before December 10. Maybe we
> should accept that 3D printing is broken for now.

Alright, I'll try to upload Jmol before Dec 10 too. I guess this weekend will be Sage-Debian weekend for me...

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git