[Debian-science-sagemath] Next sagemath upload

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Jan 2 17:10:13 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

sagemath should finally migrate to testing tomorrow and after that I'd
like to fix the brial segfaults on i386. With some help of Francois I
found one way to fix this which involves building brial 0.8.5-4 with
c++11 instead of c++98 (see [1]). That means I need to upload brial and
then sagemath with build-depends brial (>= 0.8.5-4). sagemath is the the
only package in Debian depending on brial.

Are there any other changes that should go into the next sagemath
upload? Of course we can also do another upload in January.

There are also some annoying testing autoremovals scheduled for
dependencies of sagemath (ipykernel and dependencies of sympy)...

[1] https://github.com/BRiAl/BRiAl/issues/11