[Debian-science-sagemath] Next sagemath upload

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Fri Jan 6 19:41:26 UTC 2017

I tried a bit more to find a solution for i386 without changing the ABI
of brial. In particular I tried setting -std=c++98 for the parts of
sagemath that use brial (see [1]). That did not fix the segfaults. The
bad thing about breaking brials ABI is that we should try to get brial
and sagemath to migrate to testing more or less at the same time,
otherwise sagemath in testing is broken for some time. So we should try
to put all the sagemath changes we need in the upload we do after
uploading brial with new ABI. Also, we should only upload brial when
sagemath is ready to upload soon after.

Any thoughts? Or changes in sagemath I should wait for? Or do you think
we should not break brials ABI?

[1] https://github.com/BRiAl/BRiAl/issues/11