[Debian-science-sagemath] Status of sagemath (and jupyter)

Jan Groenewald jan.groenewald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:21:17 UTC 2017

Hi

Great work on getting sagemath into Stretch!

The jsmol/3d plot warning says to try viewer='tachyon'

But I get

plot3d(lambda x, y: x^2 + y^2, (-2,2), (-2,2), adaptive=True,
initial_depth=5,  viewer='tachyon')

gives

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sage/repl/rich_output/display_manager.p\
y:590: RichReprWarning: Exception in _rich_repr_ while displaying
object: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
  RichReprWarning,
Graphics3d Object

(in sage notebook and in jupyternotebook; I installed without any
recommends)

I can of course plot via jmol from the command line.

Is there somewhere I can get a summary of what status of sagemath
(and I'm also wondering about jupyter, not just for sagemath kernels) is?

Is something other than 3d plots from notebooks missing?

Regards,

Jan