[Debian-science-sagemath] Status of sagemath (and jupyter)

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Jan 5 15:39:00 UTC 2017

Jan Groenewald:
> Hi
>
> Great work on getting sagemath into Stretch!

Thanks!

> The jsmol/3d plot warning says to try viewer='tachyon'
>
> But I get
>
> plot3d(lambda x, y: x^2 + y^2, (-2,2), (-2,2), adaptive=True,
> initial_depth=5,  viewer='tachyon')
>
> gives
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sage/repl/rich_output/display_manager.p\
> y:590: RichReprWarning: Exception in _rich_repr_ while displaying
> object: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>   RichReprWarning,
> Graphics3d Object
>
> (in sage notebook and in jupyternotebook; I installed without any
> recommends)
>
> I can of course plot via jmol from the command line.

Does it work if you install libjpeg62-turbo or libjpeg8? (The former is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the latter.)

> Is there somewhere I can get a summary of what status of sagemath
> (and I'm also wondering about jupyter, not just for sagemath kernels) is?

What sort of status are you looking for? We have

https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-status.html
https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-dev-status.html
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Sage
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/sagemath.git/tree/debian/TODO

> Is something other than 3d plots from notebooks missing?

Nothing significant that I can remember; everything should be documented in README.Debian.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git