[Debian-science-sagemath] Jupyter packages

Gordon Ball gordon at chronitis.net
Sat Jan 7 10:31:32 UTC 2017

On 06/01/17 20:05, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Ximin Luo:
>> Gordon Ball:

>> nbsphinx already build-depends on nbconvert so this would be a cyclic dependency. Whilst it's *possible* to set these things up in Debian it's strongly discouraged because it makes bootstrapping harder. Could you explain the details so we can try to figure out a better solution?
>>

> Perhaps we could split https://github.com/jupyter/nbconvert/tree/master/docs into a separate Debian source package.

Is it not enough at this point to add <nodocs> sigils to the
build-dependencies and relevant parts of d/rules, to allow a
non-dependency-loop build if needed.

I'm not particularly invested in enabling the documentation package
here, since I'm inclined to think they're fairly little used, but since
the original package was uploaded including a dummy documentation
package it probably makes sense to either populate it, or just drop it
entirely.

Gordon