[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.5 and Singular patches

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Sat Mar 11 15:22:00 UTC 2017

Tobias Hansen:
> On 03/10/2017 12:57 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Tobias Hansen:
>>> Thanks! All the singular related test failures I reported last time are
>>> gone except the one attached to this mail. That means we don't have any
>>> timeouts or segfaults anymore, just normal failures. Mostly ones that we
>>> already had for 7.4.
>>>
>>> [..]
>>
>> Hey, shall we release this soon? I can do a test build over the weekend as well.

> Yes, sure. I'm traveling until Monday and can't do much until then.
>
> The new 3D plotting with threejs works, but it loads threejs from the
> web. Can we leave it like that for experimental? Otherwise we need to
> either disable it or backport the patches from Sage 7.6 for using a
> local version of threejs. And update the threejs package.

I think if upstream do that then we should stick with it, but I'll see if I can trivially patch in a "warning notice" somewhere in the UI.

Afterwards, we can immediately begin packaging 7.6.beta directly after we release 7.5.1, and possibly have 7.5.1 in unstable with 7.6.beta in experimental.

I think this is better, since it means we'd stay mostly-ahead rather than mostly-behind. (I'm also suggesting this approach for the Debian rust team.)

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git