[Debian-sponsors-discuss] Debian fundraising thoughts.

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Mon Mar 11 12:09:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:22:03PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > As a matter of fact, we (partly) already have this! Via SPI, people
> > could decide to split their Debian donations on monthly rates. The
> > problem is that we do not track who is a "supporting member" that way
> > and who is not. As a result, we can't do anything of the usually
> > virtuous stuff such as sending reminders about membership expiry, etc.
> > Some work is needed there, but I do think it'd be worthwhile to do.
>
> I'm not sure it's a good idea to introduce the term «supporting member»,

Agreed, and I regret having used that expression already :)

Still, I do think it is "just" a matter of finding good
terminology. That notion has a lot of merits and I think we should
embrace it. If we agree with the principle, then we can find a decent
and non-confusing labels wrt proper project membership. (Comments on
embracing the principle are very welcome.)

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .