[Debian-sponsors-discuss] What are we doing and what more can we do to reward companies and individuals that are supporting Debian?

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Mon Jun 3 15:54:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 11:01:44AM +0200, Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:
> > 2) the group needs an active coordinator, and that is a potentially
> >    demanding job, at least in the beginning (say 1-2 years)
>
> I'm willing to give it a try. But we have to figure out what needs to
> done first. BTW who's subscribed to debian-companies? We should probably
> move this discussion there.

I don't see a problem in having a company representative as the
coordinator, quite the contrary. As Michael has argued for in his
subsequent reply, the group is just a group of "Debian fans companies",
nothing more than that. Who best than a representative of such a
companies to move the work forward?

Regarding who is subscribed, I fear we've a chicken and egg problem
here, in the sense that last I checked there were, like, 3 subscribers,
one of which was leader at d.o :-) So I fear we first need to find the
coordinator, do the needed changes (in the organization, publicity,
etc.) and then we can move the discussion on -companies, otherwise I
fear you'll be talking to little more than yourself :)

FWIW, I think the list of subscribers should be public too, but I
haven't checked with listmasters how to automate that. (And we probably
want something fancy, e.g. each subscriber provide a company logo and
link, and generate a page from that, similar to how the partners page
works.)

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o