[Debian-sponsors-discuss] What are we doing and what more can we do to reward companies and individuals that are supporting Debian?

Lucas Nussbaum leader at debian.org
Tue Jun 4 17:16:23 UTC 2013

On 03/06/13 at 14:49 +0200, Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I'm thinking out loud here, but I wonder if the coordinator of that
> > group should not be someone who is not linked to any of the
> > involved companies.
>
> THere are good reasosn for that, yes. But there are also good reasons
> for wanting the coordinator being involved himself, too. After all this
> group should help *all* companies and I don't see how you can do that by
> favouring one.

OK, fair enough.

> I'm not eager to be that person, though. I'm fine with somebody else.
> I'd just like to get going.

No, I agree that getting things going here is important. Please consider
yourself "approved" as the coordinator of that initiative.

Could you please raise the topic of the criterias for list membership on
-project@ (probably with a specific proposal -- there's a high potential
for bikeshedding here :) )?

Also, generally, I would like us to keep an open mind about the goals
and inner workings of debian-companies at . For example, you mentioned the
idea of using -companies@ as a contact point for questions about deploying
Debian in complex setups. I agree that discussions about setting up a
coordinated support infrastructure should happen on that list, but I am not
convinced that the list should serve as a contact point for such support
requests.

Lucas