[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: Status of packages docbook-utils and docbook2x ?

Simon Paillard simon.paillard at resel.enst-bretagne.fr
Sat Mar 3 17:55:17 CET 2007

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 01:09:17PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Dear Debian XML/SGML Group, specially Debacle!
>
> Simon Paillard wrote:
> > Etch is upcoming, so I worry about the good working of the docbook2man
> > command.
> >
> > Do the SGML team or the QA team plan something for docbook-utils and
> > docbook2x ?
>
> There has been no reply to Simon yet. Is there any way we can be of help
> in order to assist you in this?

Hi,

Thanks to Daniel Leidert for making docbook2x alive, despite it cannot
be included in etch.
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/03/threads.html#00002)

So we will have to rely on docbook-utils in Etch do to docbook to man
conversions.

But there is a important bug #399947 against docbook-utils for which I
submitted a patch. This bug breaks part of the output in silence.

I have no packager skills to NMU it.

Could someone do an upload ? It would be great to have a fixed
docbook-utils in etch.

I think the release-team cannot refuse a simple patch without new
upstream version (there is no such risk with docbook-utils :-)

Some others patches are also provided :
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=docbook-utils;dist=unstable#_0_4_2

Thanks :-)

Best regards,