[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: Status of packages docbook-utils and docbook2x ?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sun Mar 4 02:34:14 CET 2007

Am Samstag, den 03.03.2007, 17:55 +0100 schrieb Simon Paillard:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 01:09:17PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> > Dear Debian XML/SGML Group, specially Debacle!
> >
> > Simon Paillard wrote:
> > > Etch is upcoming, so I worry about the good working of the docbook2man
> > > command.
> > >
> > > Do the SGML team or the QA team plan something for docbook-utils and
> > > docbook2x ?
> >
> > There has been no reply to Simon yet. Is there any way we can be of help
> > in order to assist you in this?
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Daniel Leidert for making docbook2x alive, despite it cannot
> be included in etch.
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/03/threads.html#00002)
>
> So we will have to rely on docbook-utils in Etch do to docbook to man
> conversions.
>
> But there is a important bug #399947 against docbook-utils for which I
> submitted a patch. This bug breaks part of the output in silence.
>
> I have no packager skills to NMU it.
>
> Could someone do an upload ? It would be great to have a fixed
> docbook-utils in etch.

Can you assist me, which issues shall be fixed? I never use this
package, but I can help to make the NMU. You seem to already have taken
a depper look into the BTS.

> I think the release-team cannot refuse a simple patch without new
> upstream version (there is no such risk with docbook-utils :-)

You know the circumstances, under which a freeze exception is
possible :)? Heavy code-changes are impossible and there is a
reverse-dependency by kernel-package (I don't know possible build
dependencies), an important package. So with this update we can really
only fix important issues.

> Some others patches are also provided :
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=docbook-utils;dist=unstable#_0_4_2

I will have a look. If you want to help, don't hesitate to contact me
via ICQ, mail or IRC (if necessary).

Regards, Daniel