[xml/sgml-pkgs] sgml-data: non-standard XML ISO entity file names

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Mon May 20 15:10:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since my debiandoc-sgml depends on this package and this has been
orphaned, I decided to take over and updated package in modern style.

As for this bug, http://bugs.debian.org/305736

in message #20:

----------------
Michael Smith <smith at xml-doc.org> writes:

> I guess it doesn't hurt, as long as the filenames of the *.ent
> files are consistent between the dbcentx.mod file and the filenames
> in /usr/share/xml/entities/xml-iso-entities-8879.1986/
[...]
> So I think maybe sgml-data needs to be updated so that
> /usr/share/xml/entities/xml-iso-entities-8879.1986/ includes the
> filenames like "isoamsa.ent". They can just be made symlinks to,
> e.g., "ISOamsa.ent".

I agree.  I'll redirect this bug to sgml-data.  I wonder why I was
using the upper cased versions in the first place.

As I see the content of the catalog/catalog.xml file in xml side,

<!-- derived from V0.3, see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/xmlcharent/
     Note: file names changed to comply with LSB SGML/XML Recommendations, R006

So this seems to have some reason and the above link is dead link.

Can anyone elucidate me.

There are only 2 bugs on this package and both seems to be the same
issue.

Osamu