[xml/sgml-pkgs] sgml-data: non-standard XML ISO entity file names

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu May 23 21:39:06 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, den 21.05.2013, 00:10 +0900 schrieb Osamu Aoki:
> Hi,
>
> Since my debiandoc-sgml depends on this package and this has been
> orphaned, I decided to take over and updated package in modern style.
>
> As for this bug, http://bugs.debian.org/305736
>
> in message #20:
>
> ----------------
> Michael Smith <smith at xml-doc.org> writes:
>
> > I guess it doesn't hurt, as long as the filenames of the *.ent
> > files are consistent between the dbcentx.mod file and the filenames
> > in /usr/share/xml/entities/xml-iso-entities-8879.1986/
> [...]
> > So I think maybe sgml-data needs to be updated so that
> > /usr/share/xml/entities/xml-iso-entities-8879.1986/ includes the
> > filenames like "isoamsa.ent". They can just be made symlinks to,
> > e.g., "ISOamsa.ent".
>
> I agree.  I'll redirect this bug to sgml-data.  I wonder why I was
> using the upper cased versions in the first place.
> ----------------
>
> As I see the content of the catalog/catalog.xml file in xml side,
>
> <!-- derived from V0.3, see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/xmlcharent/
>      Note: file names changed to comply with LSB SGML/XML Recommendations, R006
>
> So this seems to have some reason and the above link is dead link.
>
> Can anyone elucidate me.
>
> There are only 2 bugs on this package and both seems to be the same
> issue.

The files are officially named this way:
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/

Please note, that sgml-data needs an update of several files and of some
catalogs. The Public identifiers have changed too. Attached is a local
diff against what I've already committed to the debian-xml-sgml
subversion tree:

svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/sgml-data

I hope, you'll find it useful. It also contains an update to the
debian/copyright file.

HTH and regards, Daniel