[Debichem-devel] Updated gnome-chemistry-utils

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Jul 5 14:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:31:07PM +0200, Michael Bienia wrote:
> So instead of patching it more to build with libgoffice-0-4 I looked if
> the package could be updated to gnome-chemistry-utils 0.8. I found out
> that it needs an updated openbabel (and openbabel bumped the
> so-version). So gchempaint needs to be updated too, to get rebuild
> against the new openbabel and new g-c-u.
>
> I've seen in the list archives that some issues about the new openbabel
> needs to be resolved first.
>
> Are there any plans to update g-c-u, openbabel and gchempaint in the
> near future? It would be really good if updated packages where available
> before August 16th (UpstreamVersionFreeze in Ubuntu) to get them synced
> to gutsy easily.

For Debian, g-c-u needs a libgoffice-0.4 in unstable.  I have contacted
the Debian maintainer yesterday why it is still in experimental and hope
that this is solved soon.

Openbabel-2.1.1 should get released in the next days (maybe over the
weekend, if not further bugs are found) and will hopefully propagate to
gutsy quickly via Debian unstable.

If libgoffice-0.4 should not be available shorty after Openbabel-2.1.1
(or when UpstreamVersionFreeze is nearing), I suggested to Jordan that
Ubuntu take the current state of gnome-chemistry-utils in debichem's
subversion and upload that.  We could also just do this in a branch in
svn, preferably.

How does this sound?

Michael