[Debichem-devel] RFS: gelemental and pyelemental

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu Nov 29 23:58:31 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 29.11.2007, 17:54 +0100 schrieb Cesare Tirabassi:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 16:26:25 you wrote:
>
> Thanks for the comments so far, new version uploaded to mentors for you to
> comment further, if needs be.
>
> > My comments are mostly about using dh_install/dh_move instead of your
> > install/move stuff in debian/rules.
>
> Changed but with an hardcoded (even if wildecarded) directory in the .install
> file. I don't like this very much, if also you don't like it we should ask
> Kevin, if possible, to change his Makefile.am from:
>
> docdir = $(datadir)/doc/@PACKAGE at -@VERSION@

> docdir = $(datadir)/doc/@PACKAGE@

JFTR: docdir is defined by configure since autoconf 2.59 or so
(check ./configure --help). But, I already discussed this with Kevin
Daughtridge ;) and he agreed to set the directory to

$(htmldir)/api

which IMHO is fine and will solve the problem for us too. For the moment
we could simply fix this for us with a simple patch to the affected
Makefile.in, so you don't need to workaround the versioned directory.

> > debian/copyright should be more specific, in which file the data set is
> > you refer to.
>
> OK, I changed it to point to libelemental/data.cc but note that that file is
> copyrighted GPLv3. I believe Kevin intention was really to quote the
> copyright of the data he used in generating that file (data which is not
> included in the tarball).

Ah, I understand. I know, that upstream is only shipping the data, but
not a copy of the bodr package. Well, then it's maybe not necessary to
quote the license of the bodr package. But maybe it's necessary to add
the citations, that are shipped with the bodr package. That's probably a
question for debian-legal.

> > The chosen name of  the application is gElemental, not Gelemental
> > (yes, this could be a difference: e.g. JMol vs. Jmol) - see debian/menu.
>
> Changed the menu file, couldn't find anywhere else where to change.

It was only the menu file, so with this fix it should be fine.

Only one thing I missed: The package descriptions all contain a hint
about where the data is. What is your intention for this hint? However,
this is just a detail and the package itself seems fine.

I will talk to Michael Banck, my sponsor tomorrow, if he will sponsor
it. If yes, I would like to import your Debian packaging files to our
project SVN.

Regards, Daniel